Persian - Cameo Cats
To read the full history of the Persian breed click here. This colour variation first started appearing in America, Australia, and New Zealand. The Cameo was developed in the 1950s by crossing tortoiseshell and smoke Persians.
Read about the Persian behaviour here.
Red, cream,blue, lilac, black, and chocolate self colours. Tortie patterns.
- Status: Common
- Place of Origin: USA, Australia, New Zealand
- Rough date of Origin: 1950s
- Hair length: Longhair
- Activity Level: Low
- Vocalness: Low
- Child friendly: Not so good with children
- Playfullness: Relaxed
- Grooming Requirements: Everyday
- Weight: 3.5 - 7.0kg
- Size: Medium
- House Cat or Outdoor Cat: House Cat
- Pet Compatibility:
- Social Needs: