Mekong Bobtail Cats
Breed Rating (3 Reviews)
The Mekong Bobtail is named after the Mekong river that flows through China, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. The short tailed Mekong Bobtail is a natural breed of cat that has appeared over a large area in Southeast Asia.
The breed was developed in Russia as an experimental breed and has since gained some recognition as a breed in its own right.
Like the stubby tailed Manx cat the Mekong Bobtail is an athletic and agile cat. They enjoy any vigorous play sessions that involve climbing or jumping but also have a gentle and affectionate temperament.
Comes in all self colours with a pointed pattern.
- Status: Rare
- Place of Origin: South East Asia
- Rough date of Origin: Pre 20th Century
- Hair length: Shorthair
- Activity Level: High
- Vocalness: Medium
- Child friendly: Good with children
- Playfullness: Demanding of Attention
- Grooming Requirements: More than once per week
- Weight: 3.5 - 6.0kg
- Size: Medium
- House Cat or Outdoor Cat: Outdoor Cat
- Pet Compatibility:
- Social Needs: